Intern / Editorial
Uncorked Studios is seeking an Editorial Intern to join us for the summer of 2019.
Our ideal candidate is, first and foremost, a lover of words and has a natural talent at wielding them. They are well-versed in culture, new media and art, and see the opportunity for Uncorked to tell meaningful stories that make an impact on our community. The right person for this role will have an innate connection to creative culture (and a side project or two to prove it).
Uncorked’s Editorial Intern will report to the Director of Strategy and support a cross-functional studio team with writing and editing internal and partner copy, planning, researching, and reporting for With Intent, the studio’s content platform, and more.
Requirements / qualifications:
- Portfolio or clips that demonstrate high-quality, vibrant writing and fresh ideas
- Proven fluency on new and existing media platforms
- Self-driven creative endeavors
- Clear and direct communication skills
Our ideal candidate will:
- Evangelize writing and storytelling across the studio through fresh applications of creativity ideas, collaboration, and lateral thinking
- Learn, wield, and expand the notion of the Uncorked voice and values
- Collaborate with other studio functions to create content that is authentic and appeals to function-specific audiences
- Uphold the editorial department’s guidelines, best practices, and resources
- Observe, absorb, write and create
This internship begins on June 1st and ends August 30th, 2019. Internships at Uncorked can vary depending on school schedules and/or previous commitments.
This internship is open to editorial writers of all levels. Our ideal candidate is in the process of obtaining or has recently earned a related degree, but passion and ability matter far more than degrees and diplomas. We also love hearing from those of you pursuing a career change. Think you have what it takes? We want to hear from you!
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line referencing the Editorial Intern position. In your cover letter please also tell us about yourself, including what you like to do for fun and why interning at Uncorked speaks to you. We are looking forward to hearing from you.
The deadline to apply for this internship is April 15th and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
At Uncorked Studios, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Uncorked Studios is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.