Core Designer, Product
At heart, a designer is someone who intimately believes they can solve human problems with empathy, creativity, and a little bit of elbow grease. Here at Uncorked, the design team imagines and delivers design systems that are pragmatic, yet thought provoking. These systems provide an inspired, sustainable vision of how technology, people and context can redefine our realities. For this role in particular, we are looking for someone who is comfortable being uncomfortable. This person is responsible for helping teams navigate the design process – whether we are building a web presence or an interactive wall, while also successfully advocating for product vision, partnerships with our clients, and ensuring quality execution of the work.
Product Designers at Uncorked are responsible for:
Executing Great Design Work
First and foremost, a Product Designer will help execute great design work, supporting the vision of the Design Director, and collaborating with other members of the team to ensure that the work is meeting expectations.
- Execution of high quality deliverables including, but not limited to, wireframes, workflows, UX pattern libraries, customer journey maps, and clickable prototypes against a product vision.
- Collaborate with production team to ensure timely delivery of client work.
- Participate in design reviews of colleagues’ work.
Partnering With Our Clients
Foster trust with clients, providing leadership around best practices for exploring potential new technology applications, improving existing products, and rolling out new products with confidence that they resonate with the target users as intended.
- Treat our clients as partners as co-collaborators in making great product
- Understand and be able to articulate the Why? Who? And How? of a product
- Create awesome work that outlines the intentions and behaviors of a product
- Participation in design-focused workshops
Elevate Design Within The Studio
Collaborate with others in the studio, to help elevate, educate, and celebrate design as a nuanced and exciting discipline within the studio.
- Help build the Uncorked team by reviewing candidate resumes, portfolios, and participating in interviews.
- Improve the Design team’s expertise and culture by mentoring interns and more junior staff members.
- Expand Uncorked’s design capabilities and skills by identifying and communicating emerging trends, techniques, and patterns.
- At least 3+ years experience working in the design field, with a great portfolio to match.
- Ability to support creative vision for projects/products.
- Smart, strategic, and empathetic approach to design.
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and how they impact design.
- Capability to work on simultaneous projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Love and intimate knowledge of Sketch as a powerful, nuanced design tool.
- Passion for designing within a grid system.
- Deep curiosity to explore new things such as machine learning, augmented reality, and more. Positive attitude. Inclusive approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts, Media Arts, Interaction Design or equivalent education preferred.
- Adjacent design superpowers, including but not limited to – writing, design research, prototyping, motion design, crafting, illustration, pattern making, public speaking, etc.
- Excitement about cultivating culture within the studio, and how design can play an active role in that.
- Willingness to be an Uncorked Ambassador to the broader community.
Interested? Reach out! We always love to chat: email@example.com.
At Uncorked Studios, we strive to hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
Uncorked Studios is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.